Sunday, October 9, 2011

The Trundle Bundle!

I finally made a decision on very needed "sleep" beds for when the kids are all home. For the last couple of years we have been using air mattresses when they come home because we did not have enough beds for everyone. The air mattresses work, but are kind of a hassle. I have been looking at futons and sofa sleepers. A while back Kristin suggested a trundle type bed to me. So when I was able to go to Nebraska Furniture mart I compared all three items, and decided the daybed with a trundle underneath it would work the best for the space I have. I love the look of the day bed. I covered it with an old hand quilted Dresden Plate quilt that I purchased on an auction for $7.00. Amazing. The quilt is so comfy, and I know has many stories of its own.



The amazing thing about the daybed/trundle is that it can work as a single bed, or pull out and lift up the trundle bed and have a queen sized bed, or it can also be 2 separate twin size beds, separated between the beds. It worked great this weekend.



Kristin also brought a new book for me to read, and I thought it looked great laying against the pillow on the quilt. The story title certainly fits. So, many thanks to Kristin for the idea, I think it's a winner!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment