Sunday, September 12, 2010

Well Hell

Uncle Ben
In our lives there seem to be people that leave their imprint on some of the simplest everyday things that we do. It's been quite a few years now that my Uncle Ben is gone. But every once in a while, when something goofy happens, I still hear his voice in my head saying "Well, Hell!" He had the right delivery for this phrase...and for some reason (even though I don't like swearing) I liked hearing him say that. Go figure. Above is a picture of Uncle Ben disembarking from his naval ship for the last time, and being saluted off. He ALWAYS had a story to tell, and was ready to help ANYONE who needed help. He did not judge people for their circumstances, and I know he loved all his nieces and nephews dearly, and we all loved him back. I always felt a special bond with him, he was my Godfather and always made me feel special. I love looking at pictures of him and hearing stories about him. We all have a favorite Uncle Ben story. My next few blogs will be some of those stories.
I just need to share and remember him. Maybe feeling a little nostalgic because we moved the loveseat that was Uncle Ben's to the family room in the basement , so it is no longer in the living room, and he would have said..."Well, Hell, you should have done that a long time ago!" Haha good one Uncle Ben.

No comments:

Post a Comment