Sunday, September 26, 2010

My Godfather Ben

I remember this visit so clearly. My Mom, Grandmother, brother Tony and his friend Ricky went to San Diego California for a nice long visit. We mainly stayed at my Uncle Ben & his wife Dee's house. Here Uncle Ben and I are sitting in their living room. Uncle Ben was so excited that we had come out there for a visit. He was still training the troops at that time (Navy of course). It was so cool to see him in his Naval attire, I always have liked a man in uniform! Anyway, the thing I remember most about this visit is how excited Ben was to show us his turf. We went to many different places around San Diego, Knotts Berry Farm, Sea World, San Diego Zoo, San Diego Padre's ballgame, Tijuana Mexico and he even took us up to Disneyland. One place we didn't get to was the San Diego Deer park, which Uncle Ben referred to as Bambi's deer park. He took us to the ocean swimming, which still is one of my favorite things to do. My love of the ocean started on this trip. Thank you Uncle Ben.

No comments:

Post a Comment