Monday, July 5, 2010

Sunrise, Sunset


This is a photograph of a sunrise that the wife of one of my cousins took. It is so beautiful! She said I could use it, but I do have to make her a refrigerator magnet with it. Great swap. I still have not come up with a saying or verse to go with it yet. So I need to put my thinking cap on. Whenever I see a beautiful picture like this, it makes me think of a line from a TV show from when my girls were little. My daughter Kristin loved the show ALF. Alf was an alien life form, living with a family in the good ole' USA. Anyway, he signed up for a checking account through the mail. And he ordered check blanks. When his checks came he said this in a disgruntled sounding voice...."I ordered Sunrise, they sent me Sunset". For some reason that line stuck with me all these years. The line makes me chuckle, but also makes me be more appreciative for what I do have, and not wishing those moments away for something else.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful photo! As for a verse, do you have a Bible concordance? I just looked up 'sun' and there are plenty of verses that could be appropriate. How about Psalm chapter 50, verse 1? "The Mighty One, God the Lord, has spoken, and summoned the earth from the rising of the sun to it's setting."

    ReplyDelete